Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Boots and Guitar Shoot

Today I did a shoot that I've been wanting to do for a long, long time. Two things that pretty much define me- cowboy boots and my guitar, Martin.
Like I said, I've been wanting to do this shoot for a while, but whenever I would think about doing it, it would be raining, or cloudy, or in the middle of the day, or something else that would inhibit the shoot from turning out nicely. So today, around 4pm, I thought, "Hey! I should go do my boots and guitar shoot!" So that's what I did. The sun was great, and made fabulous shadows (except for when I was standing with the sun to my back and ended up casting shadows on my subject matter, which got annoying. Really fast). I took over 230 pictures, but here are just a few of them, edited up all perty. They're not all that great, but I think I got a couple good ones. I realize, all my editing is really similar in these pictures (and most of my pictures). But I really like the vintage-y, antique-y editing. Sorry if it's not your cup of tea. I'll have to do some different editing at some point. But for now, I like my vintage, country, antique-y looking pictures. (:

This is my Martin. I love him. And yes, I do refer to my guitar as "him" or "he" and "Martin". I was inspired by this photo to do it. Granted, I think it's a lot better than mine, but it was my inspiration. I didn't want to copy it exactly.

Now, to me, this photo makes perfect sense. There's a guitar propped up on a guitar case, with the snip-toe boot toe propped up on the edge of the guitar. However, I took the photo, and I know that, that, is in fact, what it is. To anybody else, this picture probably doesn't make much sense..

My Durango cowboy boots. I love them. A lot. Ask anyone who knows me- I rarely go anywhere without them on. They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. And they go with anything from jeans to dresses. I will be wearing them when I get married. Just sayin'.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the shoot. I love how the ground reflects on Martin. There isn't any metamorphosis editing going on here. Just reflections. The only thing I don't like is my out of focus knee in the bottom right corner. It's just an eye sore.

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment