Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Georgia O'Keeffe


For my photo class at PFA I had to research an artist, so I chose Georgia O'Keeffe.

As I was researching I stumbled across this painting that I fell in love with. It's called "Summer Days" and is, in fact, by Georgia O'Keeffe. I immediately saved this to my hard-drive and printed out. I had to have it for my wall, even if it was just a lousy inkjet print. I love the subject of the photo- the buck skull. When I think of Summer, this painting is not it, but I guess if you lived in New Mexico or Arizona it would be. I love the colors and the contrast of the cool background with the warm horizon and flowers. I just love everything about this. Someday I will have a real print of this. Framed. In my house. Somewhere.

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment