Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Star Trail Photography


Brainstorming.

So, my recent obsession is star trail (aka long exposure) photography. I'm in love with the idea and I cannot wait to try it myself. I've been doing some research online to figure out how exactly to do it. I have a remote (which is what all the websites said I would need), but I didn't think I had the right kind. After a little help from my photo teacher, Mrs. O., I now know that the remote I have will, in fact, work for it! Now all I need is to figure out how to set my timed shutter setting on my camera for it to work. I'm so excited to try it! I think I'll have to wait until we're in the mountains again to be able to see the stars well enough for it to work. I may try some tests around here, though.

HERE is a link to a how-to for star trail photography using a film SLR.
And HERE is a link to a how-to for star trail photography using a DSLR.

And now for some star trail photos I pulled off the Internet. They're absolutely gorgeous!
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment