Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grounds for Sculpture Field Trip


Today I went on a field trip with CPFA to the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. Personally, I was more fascinated by the landscaping of the gardens, and the architecture of the buildings than the actual sculptures (sorry, but I just don't get modern art, or abstract sculptures), however, there were some cool things in there. For the assignment, I had to take two pictures of sculptures; nothing fancy, just two, full view pictures of two different sculptures. Then I had to take two close up abstraction photos (this kind of abstract I totally get, and love). So here are a few from the day. These were all taken with my Nikon D3000 on auto-mode (I didn't feel like going manual today- too much to see and take pictures of!). I took some with my 35mm FT2 Nikkormat, but I discovered light metering (!) half way through my roll of film, so I probably won't have too many good ones from that. Some of these are edits and some are SOOC.

This was part of one of my favorite sculptures. I think it was my favorite because I could take pictures like this with it. Either way, I liked it a lot.

A sculpture of trees.. interesting. I kind of like it, though.




I would write above more of the pictures, but for some reason everything I post above them is a link to somewhere unbeknownst to me. So.. yeah. I really liked some of the sculptures, and some of the sculptures I just really didn't understand. At all. Overall- cool trip.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment